The staff accountant will perform general ledger, accounting and reporting functions for the YLA Corporate General Accounting Division using established accounting standards and principles, policies, procedures and practices to analyze financial information for accuracy and completeness and prepare other financial reports as required. The most successful candidates will have a natural passion for math, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial transactions within an organization.
- Works with senior accountants and accounting managers to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end accounting closes.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information for completeness and accuracy and prepares journal entries based on findings.
- Reviews daily transactions processed for accuracy and follows up on exception errors, ensuring they are addressed timely.
- Reviews, records, maintains, reconciles, and analyzes assigned general ledger account reconciliations and month end close processes timely and accurately.
- Examines financial records, collects information, prepares reports and makes recommendations.
- Maintains documentation for assigned functions in compliance with required and established control procedures.
- Prepares and files various tax related returns for states and municipalities.
- Prepares documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Assists on special projects and assignments as needed.
- Provides assistance to the Accounting Manager and other Management personnel when needed.
- BS/ BA in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of two (2) years general accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers in person, over the phone and in writing to resolve issues and obtain information
- Team player with strong customer service attitude
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills
- Ability to prioritize conflicting requirements to meet all established deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and prepare reports
- Must possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles along with excellent technical and analytical abilities
- Systems experience: ERP systems experience preferred, Microsoft D365 a plus. Proficiency in Excel and Word required . The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.