Staff Accountant II
Working Location: PENNSYLVANIA, CENTER VALLEY
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Staff Accountant II will maintain responsibility for independently performing account reconciliations on a daily and monthly basis as well as perform account analysis. This position will also assist in the monthly accounting close, including general ledger entry preparation. This role is works under general direction and raises issues to higher level accountants or managers who review work for accuracy.Job Duties
* Assists in the monthly closing process by preparing, uploading and posting financial accounting journal entries.
* Prepares various financial analyses in each of these areas.
* Prepares various general ledger account analyses by reviewing transactions within the general ledger to ensure accurate activity within the account.
* Prepares various balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy of account balances.
* Provides transaction backup and responds to questions from external auditors as required on various audit analyses.
* Assists various Business Groups with accounting and financial systems research.
* Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting is required.
* Minimum of 2 years of accounting or equivalent experience preferred.
* Basic PC Skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Basic oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi–task.
* Attention to detail is vital.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on–site services and Colleague Affinity Networks – so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit .
Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Pennsylvania (US–PA) || Center Valley ||