Internal Audit Innovation - ICG - Senior Manager - SVP
- The Audit Innovation function is looking for a Senior Manager to specifically lead our team that serves the Institutional Client Group (ICG) Internal Audit . The Audit Innovation and Analytics function works with members of of ICG Internal Audit to identify automation opportunities and develop processes to support the development of audit analytics. The candidate must be proficient in the development and use of analytics technology and tools to provide automated solutions that enhance audit efficiency and effectiveness, and have functional knowledge of banking processes and related risks and controls. This role provides the Internal Audit organization best in industry capabilities with business intelligence and advanced analytics leadership.
- The role will apply in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ICG business. ICG provides world-class products and financing solutions for corporations, governments, and institutional investors through dominant underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities.
- Develop and articulate analytical framework to solve business challenges
- Extract actionable insights based on advanced analysis of client behavior
- Lead and develop reporting team of 4+ Innovation professionals, especially around developing sound analytical approach to solve business problems
- Drive innovative thinking about leveraging new tools/methods to transform the analytical capability of the organization
- Understand regulatory implications and develop mitigation / opportunity strategies
- Ensure robust quantity control in the analytical processes
- Cross functional leadership (communication and influencing) to drive towards common goal
- The incumbent will leverage industry best practices, navigate and leverage internal relationships and become the key point of contact to ensure delivery and adoptio
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Provide coaching to team members regarding technical coding skills and the use of automation in all phases of the audit process.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including complex technical coding.
- Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of audit automation activities (e.g., technical environment, software, operating procedures).
- Assisting in defining data needs, designing and executing audit analytics during audits in accordance with the audit methodology and professional standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate analytics requirements and results, and make practical recommendations for analytics enhancements.
- Solid and relevant experience required
- Work experience in banking or financial services
- Specific subject matter expertise in various financial services products specific to corporate and institutional clients, markets, securities and trading
- 6+ years of business / audit analyst experience in providing automated solutions to business need
- 5+ years of managerial experience overseeing the performance and development of others
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical business leaders
- Intellectually curious, consistently seeking and developing new opportunities
- Excellent technical, programming and databases skills
Prior or current mastery in one or more of the following technical skills or similar programming language:
Proficiency in at least one of the following Data Visualization tools is a plus:
- Power BI
Experience of the following areas is a plus:
- Business Intelligence including use of statistics, data modeling, data mining and predictive analytics
- Data science applications such as machine learning, natural language processing, and/or robotic process automation
- Big Data analysis including big data dedicated use like HUE, Hive
- Project Management / Solution Development Life Cycle
- Bachelors/University degree; preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting