Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
An exciting opportunity for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is available at Western Health. This position is based at Footscray Hospital.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role is responsible for the leadership and key outcomes of the Finance Business Partners who are embedded in every area of Western Health.
The work streams led by this position will cover four key areas:
* Budgeting, Forecasting and Analysis
* Stakeholder/Internal Performance Reporting
* Business case development & evaluation, and special projects
The team is responsible for internal reporting to all areas of Western Health, supporting and informing the senior leadership group regarding financial performance against budget, helping the divisions to develop budgets, providing analysis of proposed business decisions and alerting senior managers to financial issues that require their attention.
The team produces monthly reports to the leadership of every area as well as reports that are delivered to the Board and Board sub-committees.
Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to effectively present business ideas, financial data and performance analysis to a wide range of audiences. Your superior stakeholder management and interpersonal skills will allow you to work seamlessly with the finance team, operation managers, divisional directors and executive directors of Western Health.
You must have extensive knowledge of business management including budget development, forecasting, costing, analysis, and reporting. Your positive, and "can do" attitude will ensure you fit well into the energetic and productive FP&A team.
To be Successful in this Role you will
- Have graduated with a Bachelor Degree or Higher in Accounting, with CPA, CA or equivalent qualifications
- Have extensive knowledge of budget formulation, forecasting, cost modelling, analysis and reporting, preferably in the Public Health Sector although this is not essential
- Demonstrate a high level of analysis, presentation and consultation with commitment towards customer service, attention to detail & accuracy and ongoing learning
- Be able to work independently and with the team and possess a positive work attitude
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of 'Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety' (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women's and Children's, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children's Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.