Digital Audit Advanced Analytics Senior Associate
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to how we audit clients across all industries. There are two sides to Digital Audit which include; using our latest tools to help digitise the way we deliver audits through automation, AI, data analytics and innovation - known as Digital Auditing. The other side is Auditing Digital which involves auditing our client’s technology to give them assurance that security and controls are in place. This includes infrastructure, Cloud, and applications.
As part of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies and you'll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to build a career that’s more than just numbers. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with the rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward-looking.
As a Senior Associate in Digital Audit, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Advising senior stakeholders on ways to automate and reimagine audits, implementing innovative technologies, such as Python, R, SQL, Alteryx, Power BI, Process Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Work on technical assignments enabling you to develop skills in Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Engineering and sophisticated visualisation tools to provide clients with the PwC digital audit experience
Essential Skills and Experience:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Data transformation and modelling (e.g. pandas and scikit-learn in Python)
- Data storage and querying (e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Python)
- Data visualisation experience (eg PowerBI, Tableau)
- Understanding of common data quality issues and they effect they have on machine learning models
- Data cleansing and manipulation for machine learning (e.g. feature engineering)
- Robotics experience eg UI Path
- Experience and be able to demonstrate finance/accounting understanding
- Experience with financial / general ledger data
- Knowledge of the current data science software platforms.
- 2:1 university degree in any subject with an interest in data analytics, machine learning, data science, data mining & coding
Find out more about our PwC office locations.The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.