Excellent opportunity for an experienced ACCA/ACA Qualified individual with a UK practice background looking for interesting client work in a growing Top 100 firm.
Do you want to join a progressive firm bursting with talented staff you could learn and develop from? If so, we could have the perfect role for you. Shaw Gibbs is a Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London Marylebone. We have a strong focus on innovation and technology to help our clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Our clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international subsidiaries. We also have specialist teams for international businesses and property based clients.
Shaw Gibbs takes pride in being an employer of choice, we put our people first and our staff enjoy long term careers with us. Our practice is known for having a friendly and supportive team culture where everyone receives training and development focused not just on technical knowledge but also on commercial and soft skills. Our culture is based on collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
We have ambitious growth plans and we are currently looking for an additional Audit Manager to join our Oxford team. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding.
This is a full-time permanent position with the option to work part of the week from home once established in the role. Ideally, you will be based in our Oxford office with occasional travel to our London office. We are also open to someone wishing to split their week between our Oxford and London offices.
Due to the ongoing covid pandemic, the vast majority of our people are working from home. Fortunately, our teams were set up with remote access before covid started and so we have had a very smooth transition to blended working.
- Build long lasting client relationships - develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice and exceed client expectations
- Support a number of Partners by managing a diverse portfolio of clients and often being their primary point of contact. Your portfolio will consist of both new and more established clients and you will be encouraged to develop further revenue streams within it as well as helping to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Responding to ad hoc client queries.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets agreed with Partners
- Lead and manage audit assignments to completion, managing people and delivery of the assignment, budgets, billing recovery and client engagement and satisfaction
- Responsible for the quality of our delivery at all times, ensuring any actions are completed to the highest standards
- Line manage more junior staff, overseeing their work and assisting them with their career development
- Support the practice in continuously improving our way of working including current systems and adopting new technology
- Provide support on tenders, proposals and other business development activities to promote Shaw Gibbs and develop your profile externally
- Contribute generally to the management of the audit team, audit procedures and, more widely, to the whole compliance team.
Consider technical audit and accounting developments and provide training to ensure the team are updated so that high standards are maintained
What we can offer you
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Partner level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Participation in our Management Development Programme as soon as you start
- Personalised Development Plan
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
We are looking for:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified with at least 1-2 years PQE in practice
- You will have at least 6 years’ UK practice experience
- Previous experience operating at (Assistant) Manager level
- Proven experience of producing high quality audits
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Aptitude to assist with business development activities
- Highly commercial approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills
- Enjoy developing more junior staff
Please do not apply if you cannot tick all of the above criteria.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com For more information on what it is like working at Shaw Gibbs, visit our career page:
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 5th March 2021.
Apply for Audit Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly