Cost Accountant (Part Qualified)
The main duties of the Rosyth based Cost Accountant are to support the Finance Manager, Finance Department as well as the Project Management Teams and provide timely, reliable financial information which to support the operational and project-specific decision making of the business.
Our client is a well known, global organisation.
The key duties of the Rosyth based Part Qualifed Cost Accountant are to;
- Provide support and offer financial guidance to the Project Management team.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly status reports.
- Assist Project Managers with monthly variance analysis and forecast preparation, which must be reliable and timely.
- Investigate, understand (in an operational context) and effectively communicate deviations in actual costs vs forecast.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team to understand the manufacturing process and associated costs.
- Contribute to the monthly Project Reviews process and support the Project Management team in any financial queries.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Involvement in the Accounts Receivable process - reporting on Billed, Accrued / Unbilled Revenue and monitoring of cash collection.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP).
The successful Cost Accountant will be;
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Have 3-5 years experience working within a similar role within industry
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experienced (preferred not essential)
- Ability to communicate and present high level information to non-financial managers
- Well organised and able to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment (E)
On offer to the successful Rosyth based Cost Accountant is;
- An extremely competitive salary
- An immediate start
- The opportunity to work within a well established finance team