Associate/Senior Associate - Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, EYP, Strategy
Associate/Senior Associate - Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, EYP, Strategy and TransactionsOur Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within SaT include Transactions and Corporate Finance, EY-Parthenon and International Tax and Transaction Services.
At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly complex strategic challenges, we know how organizations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow.
As an EY Turnaround and Restructuring professional, you will help clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
Our global network of Turnaround and Restructuring professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Join this team and you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives – whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business or dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our market-leading Turnaround and Restructuring practice, you will help companies and investors facing financial challenges and threats across the whole economic cycle. We’ll help you develop the skills you need to give integrated, objective advice on business restructuring, selling or buying distressed assets or dealing with distress or under-performance.
Skills and attributes for success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to client
- A good Accountancy / Business Degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for the Associate role
- Experience in managing projects and delivering solutions
- Willing to travel
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory or insolvency related work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
Y offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.