Associate Deal Origination, Transaction Advisory
The Deal Origination team is a specialist business development function within RSM’s Transaction Advisory business that supports the identification and generation of new business opportunities for the firm. RSM’s Transaction Advisory business supports shareholders and management teams exploring financing options, including realising value in their business or raising funding to support acquisitions or organic growth.
The Deal Origination team uses a thematic approach to assessing potential targets and is responsible for approaching and building relationships with the management teams of privately-owned businesses that have the potential to be a future corporate finance client of the firm. The main objective is to grow RSM’s client base by building and maintaining relationships with senior decision-makers. We are a small, relationship-driven team and you will be exposed to senior colleagues, a varied workload and a high level of responsibility.
You will be working closely with and reporting to the Deal Origination Manager. Working with different teams within corporate finance, you will build a pipeline of transaction opportunities and will be key to supporting the development of relationships with business owners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying prospective corporate finance clients through analysing sector trends
- Targeting the key stakeholders of UK owner-managed businesses
- Owning, managing and tracking relationships with targets until eventual handover to the deal team
- Assisting in the development of RSM’s Transaction Advisory business development strategy.
- Commercial background with an excellent understanding of corporate finance
- Experience in business development / deal origination
- Organised, articulate and able to build relationships with entrepreneurs and business owners
- Strong presentational, communication and written skills and excellent organisational capabilities
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.