Data Analytics Senior/Consultant, Business Consulting
Our clients rely on us in providing them with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place. You will be part of the team that helps our clients conduct assessments and assurance reviews on the effectiveness of controls in their processes and systems.
As a data analytics professional supporting this team, you will be responsible for performing data driven analysis to help identify areas to enhance process and technology controls, improve IT operations and compliance processes as well as to achieve company-wide cost efficiencies. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
In this role, you will be working client-facing projects where your expertise can be leveraged to perform data driven analysis in identifying areas of improvement in their processes and controls from data.
You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your Key Responsibilities
As part of the data analytics professional in the risk assurance team, you will be working closely with the broader risk assurance teams to support them in conducting data driven analysis. This will include the development analytics test procedures, statistical models and algorithms to analyse client’s data to identify instances of process or control gaps, occurrences of unauthorised or non-compliant activities within the organization and cost optimization opportunities.
Skills and Attributes for success
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Able to work and perform the data analysis independently with minimal supervision
- Thrive under pressure and handle ambiguous situations
- Willing to learn continuously on the job and work on new areas of learning
To Qualify for the role you must have
- At least a recognized university degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or any other relevant discipline
- At least 1year of work experience in data mining, data cleansing and developing predictive and statistical models
- Strong analytics and problem-solving capabilities required, including advanced skills in statistical analysis.
- Proficient in data analytics tools such SPSS, R, Python or SQL
- Good communications skills and be able to explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.