Pricing & Commercials Senior
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing global IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
As a Senior in GDS Consulting Pricing & Commercials Team, you will be reporting directly to the Delivery/Strategy & Business Development Lead. You will play an important role in creating value for EY while managing profitability and cost optimisation for Opportunity Partners and Pursuit Leaders. As a key point of contact for leadership, you will support various aspects of the pursuit lifecycle ensuring EY’s cost-effectiveness.
As a part of the team, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading projects and key workstreams for major internal stakeholders. In this role you will be working closely with Partners, Directors & Senior Managers across geographies and use your experience & financial knowledge to shape deals and advise on pricing structures.
You may lead small internal teams, run engagement logistics and play a contributing role in developing propositions. We expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project delivery operations in EY’s blue-chip clients.
This is a great opportunity for any candidate who wants to grow a career in Pricing & Commercials and is looking forward to learning cost and revenue models of any projects to drive profit optimization. Candidates will be exposed to global working environment, thereby getting opportunity to develop new relationships across the global member firms. Our projects are delivered across the globe, hence ability and willingness to travel is important.
The GDS Consulting Pricing & Commercials team’s objectives are to set up a cross sector capability to:
- Bring the best of the firm to meet market demand
- Look at alternative delivery models
- Deliver consistent commercial value
- Improve win ratio, overall engagement economics/performance and firm profitability
- Cost optimisation through innovation, technology and asset based operating models
- The function’s initial scope is large/complex/strategic deals, new revenue streams (e.g., asset-based solutions) and/or significant use of technology.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop clear understanding and knowledge base for all alternative delivery model components (including GDS, automation, contractors, etc.)
- Design and challenge deal and delivery model structuring with a focus on GDS
- Develop close ties with the Global Pursuit teams to support complex pricing scenarios
- Act as the primary commercial interface for GDS to serve internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure informed decision making between sales, delivery and EY Commercial interests to deliver optimal value for both external client and internal EY member firm
- Provide insights by analysing, modelling, advising, and operationalising deal reviews, client bids & other key commercial elements
- Co-ordinating and building relationships with local, Area and Regional commercial teams across Service Lines
- Develop and deliver ongoing training and awareness about various pricing approaches
- Facilitate governance and Service Line deal reviews
- Deliver outputs as per desired quality and timelines
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrate strong leadership and consensus-building skills in a dynamic environment
- Enable and demonstrate innovative thinking and inspire action
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients (internal/external)
- Enable knowledge sharing across team; ability to synthesize information from others; connect all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing projects; help the business address its big issues; serve as an organizational connector
- Demonstrate ability to design and lead organisational change
- Self-starter, assertive and proactive approach, experience in stakeholder Management
- Strong interpersonal skills- written, presentation, negotiation and influencing
- Knowledge of pricing and commercials approaches
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities concerning global business fundamentals, business models, ethics, competitive analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities
- The ability to manage competing stakeholder requests and prioritising projects will be key, ensuring alignment with key areas of focus for the business.
- Experience to handle a range of complex consulting and problem-solving situations
- Skills to resolve conflict and differences through application of interpersonal skills
- Exposure to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and unfamiliar environments
- High personal awareness
- Strong working relationships across functional areas and through layers of seniority
- The ability to push back and influence business decisions
- Relevant industry and product knowledge (preferable)
Ideally, you should also have:
- Experience in a Professional Services environment
- Significant Commercial Delivery experience
- Project management experience; Professional project management certification i.e. PMP, Prince 2 or relevant Agile certification
- An MBA or an accounting qualification
- Strong numeracy and IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders
What we look for:
We are looking for an experienced, resilient team player with strong stakeholder management skills and good business acumen who is comfortable with working in an agile manner, supporting multiple stakeholders. You will be a change agent driving strategic pricing approach across geographies on high value deals for EY.
Success in this role will be through the enablement of comprehensive, world-class commercially viable deals for EY member firms and GDS, that will deliver sustainable, measurable results. Success will be measured through program usage, user surveys and KPI fulfilment. Experience in finance, project management, business development, leadership presentations will be added advantage
What working at EY offers:
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from world’s top companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are. You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.