Consulting – Financial Services, Finance –Senior Associate / Manager
Consulting – Financial Services, Finance (Cost Management / Financial Planning & Analytics) – Senior Associate / Manager
The Finance Team works with clients to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their internal finance and accounting systems and processes. Finance team is designed to improve the performance of clients’ finance and actuarial organizations and their businesses. We help organizations to achieve strategic alignment of their finance and actuarial organizations, help implement service and cost improvement initiatives and embed a performance management process and culture that unites the business around its core objectives.
Your key responsibilities:
- Explain latest trends and share key insights on Cost Management & FP&A best practices & lessons learned
- Review and enhance current financial planning and cost management processes and workflows (using best practices such as Activity Based Costing and Zero Based Budgeting)
- Provide insightful analytics on financial performance plans and forecast to support business decisions (finance business partner role)
- Develop, maintain and review the cost-benefit analysis results of new business initiatives / products / marketing campaigns / sales incentive schemes (business case review)
- Conduct expense budget allocation, monitoring, analyzation (actuals vs planned)
- Prepare cost management reports to fulfil HO’s requirements on revenue & cost/expense analysis
- Work on reporting analysis such as sales analysis, monthly reporting analysis, Business Unit reports, etc.
- Work on financial modeling for the evaluation of business opportunities to support business growth
- Ensure the delivery and accuracy of required financial information for management reporting purposes
To qualify for the role, you must have
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines, preferably with a recognized professional management accounting qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in cost management / financial planning and budgeting / financial data analytics / management reporting, where the experience of working for consulting firms and/or financial sector (banking and/or insurance) is preferred
- Good comprehensive understanding of Finance function
- Able to communicate with seasoned Finance professionals of EY clients confidently
- Proficient in application software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with analytical tools like Qlikview, Power BI, Tableau, SAC a strong preference
- Fully proficient in spoken and written English, with a strong preference for people who can also speak Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin)
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong client service orientation, with a commercial flair
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to motivate others and lead the team effectively
- Good understanding of the financial services marketplace, as well as industry trends and issues
- Good problem solving and project management skills
- Self-starter – ability to solve problems independently and resourceful
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.