Securitized Products Group - Agency Trading Assistant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Securitized Products Group is a market leader across a broad range of asset classes including the residential real estate, commercial real estate, transportation and corporate sectors, with expertise in securitization, financing solutions, and other investor products.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role involves working with and supporting the Securitized Products Group (SPG) Agency Trading desk. The role suits a self-motivated, highly energetic individual who has a good background in mathematical analysis and strong understanding of the fixed income markets/products, as well as an understanding of trade execution and trade lifetime management.
- Work closely with Agency Traders and Sales to assist in post-trade processing (CMO New deals, CUSIP creation, and CMO, Spec stipulation and origination pool trade processing, CUSIP Conversion)
- Process Remic Collateral / Bond Trades
- Clean up TBA pool accounts by consolidating long and short positions
- Assist with Tradeweb corrections for TBAs by updating prices in Tradeweb and internal systems for executed trades
- Assist the trading desk in cleaning up risk issues or breaks in risks systems
- Assist in consolidating executed documentation (NDAs, purchase and sale agreements, other agreements, etc.), counterparty due diligence, vendor onboarding and oversight, and coordination with operations and other groups to complete counterparty onboarding
Solid quantitative background, eg Engineer (IIT) with MBAs, or finance with 2-3yrs of experience.
Candidate must have:
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.