US Assistant Controller
The assistant controller is the Country Controller’s right-hand person with core responsibility over Controllership Operations which encompasses Record to Report (RTR), Requisition to pay (RTP) Time and Expense Management (TE) and Order to Cash (OTC). The primary objective is to make the Controller successful through enabling collaborative and effective teaming with a focus on business advisory.
- Support and enable the Country Controller to be successful.
- Overall management and leadership over core US controllership activities, including US GAAP, local statutory and oversight of RTP, TE and OTC.
- Coaching, mentoring, and supporting function leads to ensure long-term performance of the team.
- Handle escalated queries and build strong country based knowledge.
- Management and supervision of off-shore team - building the team’s skills and capabilities and identifying areas to solve for Accenture.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
- Manage the relationship with Country and GU Finance on a day-to-day basis; instill and nurture a strong Business Partnership.
- Overall Responsibility for managing a number of standalone US audits in line with Accenture’s internal policy deadlines.
- Partner with the Statutory and Tax CoE to support the US group consolidation and integrated audit
- Manage the relationship with auditors answering queries & providing data as required.
- Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Identification of scope expansion possibilities and management of projects to implement same.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Ability to coach, counsel, develop and motivate a team to achieve results
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger principles, policies and procedures
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify the key messages to draw from data.
- Strong ownership mentality with initiative and high quality work standard
- Fluency in English
- Computer Literacy: experience with financial management systems and office automation applications
- Strong team working skills and positive attitude
- Professional qualities include: problem solving, initiative, innovation, leadership, flexibility, openness to innovation and new technologies.
- Reports to: Finance and Accounting Senior Manager and US Country Controller
- Supervises: GBSN teams supporting US Controllership
- Close collaboration with other finance functions: Global Controllership, Tax, Treasury, CFM
- External auditors
- Other GBSN and local controllership teams across different locations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- 7+ years of progressive financial accounting experience
- Experience of external audits and financial reporting
- Supervisory and project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience of working with a multi-country team
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.