Fund Accounting Analyst
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The Fund Accounting Analyst is an entry level position responsible for assisting in a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the calculation of daily and periodic Net Asset Valuations (NAVs) for funds and the distribution of associated unit prices.
- Monitor the work activities to ensure timeliness/accuracy of the funds activities in a department, including calculation of NAV and distribution factors
- Assist in reviewing stock and cash reconciliations as a Checker to ensure the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated correctly
- Ensure corporate actions are correctly reflected on the NAV
- Assist in handling complex issues
- Facilitate prompt investigation and resolution of any client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure client Service Level Agreement (SLA) and deadlines are met
- Assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information from an operational and client perspective
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Min. 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Experience within Financial Services or Operations
- MBA graduates, CFA certification or Chartered Accountants preferred
- Proven experience in funds administration
- Knowledge of funds services and processes
- ACCA certificate - nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.