Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
We are looking for an Assistant Vice President (AVP) for our Atlanta location to service clients for our Real Assets team within Alternative Investment Solutions. They will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. They will be responsible for delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting and support for our clients.
Real Estate Fund AVP’s maintain client relationships and are the main contact for several real estate clients. AVP’s interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of the working relationships with all client contacts, including investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, auditors, bankers, etc.
- Supervision of staff accountants assigned to each client team.
- Management of internal workflow and client deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Ensure compliance with joint venture partnership agreements, holding company agreements, and loan documents.
- Review of fair value real estate joint venture equity reconciliations.
- Review of underlying portfolio financial data as supplied by property managers and provide assistance to staff to convert tax basis, cash basis, etc. to GAAP accrual basis.
- Review debt instrument activity on the books of the fund for mortgages, debt securities, etc.
- Review of quarterly and annual work paper packages, financial statements and review or preparation of financial statement footnotes in accordance with real estate fair value fund accounting.
- Coordination and management of annual audit with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Preparation and distribution of various client related correspondence.
- Participate with client sales, attend new client meetings, and assist with compilation of fee proposal.
- Coordinate new client on boarding. Coordinate client/fund setup internally by working with external parties.
- Design workflow process and implement process improvement.
- Special client projects.
During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.