Senior Director Fund Administration - Private Equity, Vice President
Who we are looking forWe are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This senior managerial position has responsibility for managing client relationships and directing the administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients.Why this role is important to usThe team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible forAs Client Services, Vice President you will
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial, and efficiency goals and objectives.
- Maintain relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street and ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Supervise staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with other home site locations and hub locations in China and India on deliverable quality improvement, KPI and efficiency projects.
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement; trades; etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, in particular those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency and deliver outstanding client service.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of private equity fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Model professionalism and ethical behaviors in all interactions, both internal and external.
- Develop and execute business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and taskforce assignments.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Fund accounting experience, 13 or more years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience. MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
- College degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Solid knowledge on private equity area is required.
- Investran experience is preferred.