A successful independent general practice accountancy firm in Heywood, Greater Manchester, is looking to recruit an experienced semi-senior accountant. We offer a range of services and advisory to clients meaning a varied and fulfilling role.
The new employee will be working with a range of limited companies as well as sole traders across several industries.
- Preparation of larger company year-end accounts from basic client records to Partner review level.
- Completion of VAT returns.
- Preparation of individual and company tax returns.
- Regular review of bookkeeping undertaken by bookkeepers to keep clients books and records up to date.
- Regular review of work undertaken by more junior staff members.
- Management of your own VAT and Accounts portfolio workflow.
- Ad-hoc tax planning / forecasting projects as and when required.
Skills/experience you need to demonstrate:
- You must have at least three years' prior experience in an accountancy practice and strong history of preparing limited company accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Ability to manage several pieces of work simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Good client communication skills is essential as this a client facing role, and an ability to get along with clients from various backgrounds.
- IT competent with a strong emphasis on Excel and the usual accounting packages.
- Previous exposure to cloud accounting packages and a general competency in Quickbooks Online.
- Qualified AAT and/or studying towards the ACCA qualification.
- Good telephone manner
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Study support (if required)
- Free parking