A successful independent general practice accountancy firm in Heywood, Greater Manchester, is looking to recruit an experienced semi-senior accountant. We offer a range of services and advisory to clients meaning a varied and fulfilling role.
The new employee will be working with a range of limited companies as well as sole traders across several industries.
- Preparation of larger company year-end accounts from basic client records to Partner review level.
- Completion of VAT returns.
- Preparation of individual and company tax returns.
- Regular review of bookkeeping undertaken by bookkeepers to keep clients books and records up to date.
- Regular review of work undertaken by more junior staff members.
- Management of your own VAT and Accounts portfolio workflow.
- Ad-hoc tax planning / forecasting projects as and when required.
Skills/experience you need to demonstrate:
- You must have at least three years' prior experience in an accountancy practice and strong history of preparing limited company accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Ability to manage several pieces of work simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Good client communication skills is essential as this a client facing role, and an ability to get along with clients from various backgrounds.
- IT competent with a strong emphasis on Excel and the usual accounting packages.
- Previous exposure to cloud accounting packages and a general competency in Quickbooks Online.
- Qualified AAT and/or studying towards the ACCA qualification.
- Good telephone manner
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Study support (if required)
- Free parking
Apply for Semi-Senior Accountant
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly