Finance Data Analyst
1 day left
- Experience level
- Part qualified
Working in the Financial Data Analytics team of a financial services business, your role will be to provide high quality analysis on the financial performance of a wide range of organisations within the financial services sector.
Financial Services business providing research and high quality information for clients. Based in London.
As part of the Financial Data Analytics team, you will help provide high quality and accurate financial information on non banking organisations.
You will analyse and interpret financial information across sectors and provide guidance to analysts on policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analysing financial data - to interpret financial data from annual or periodical reports
- Data analysis - using bespoke data platforms and products
- Attend meetings with strategic partners and clients, either on the phone or face-to-face
- Performing assurance checks on the quality of the data input of outsource partners, making corrections where necessary
- Making recommendations on improvements to the data capture process
- Assist with the implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes
- Provide instruction and advice on the placing of key financial data items in balance sheets and income statements, also contributing towards best practice documents for use in training
- Management reports - generate statistical reports for management as required
- Previous experience of financial / data analysis, ideally within financial services
- Strong interest in the Financial Services sector and understanding the risks inherent in their operations
- Experience of working with financial data, preferably in an accountancy, actuarial, risk or auditing capacity
- Understanding of IFRS, GAAP & wider accounting fundamental processes
- Possibly studying towards a CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CFA qualification
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Proven experience of interacting effectively with senior management
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is desirable
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work
- Have a can-do attitude to problems
- Sound knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
Part Qualified applications from Big 4 Audit or from Financial Services desirable.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Excellent career and development path.