SENIOR/ LEAD ANALYST
Established in 2008, Uzabase aims to create an infrastructure for business intelligence that services every business person worldwide. Combining technological innovation with human ingenuity to organise and analyse business information from around the globe, Uzabase aims to reshape the world with a service that improves productivity and unleashes creativity.
Uzabase Group has offices in Japan, China, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and New York and has been listed on the Mothers of the Tokyo Stock Exchange since 2016.
SPEEDA is a cutting-edge platform that provides solutions to problems faced by business people in collecting information and analysing data covering global industry reports, financial reports, market data, trends, news, statistics, and M&A information.
Produce detailed, thematic reports on emerging technologies, new industries, and new global/regional business trends with a high level of analytical insight, aimed at supporting business and investment decision-making and formulation of business strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Over two years of experience in writing industry/company research reports
- Special preference will be given to:
*Candidates who have authored equity research reports (and have advanced skills in both report writing and financial modelling)
*Candidates with experience in consulting, corporate planning and strategy
*Candidates with prior specialised knowledge in the Technology sector
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or Science/Mathematics (Upper Second or higher from a top three local or a top 100 international university with a preference for First Class Honours)
- Members of CIMA, ACCA or ACA (having completed all subjects in the first sitting)
- CFA charter-holders (or candidates working towards it) will be given preference
- Strong interest in finance/economics/investing and ability to conduct high-level numerical analysis
- Independent thinker with the desire and ability to form their own opinions rather than indulging in group-think
- Passion for creating high quality written reports with the ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills who works with a sense of urgency
- Cooperative and considerate teammate with the ability to communicate openly and maturely by giving and receiving honest feedback
- Fluency in English – strong written and verbal skills
- Pegged with industry standards, pay will be commensurate with education and experience