UKI - FAAS - Commodities - Senior
About the Opportunity
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime
We’re looking for an Executive to join our London-based Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight, and become a part of our growing niche audit offering that is sector specific. It will also give you the opportunity to address clients’ challenges in the commodity trading industry who collectively account for the majority of physical flows of metals, energy, and agricultural products traded worldwide.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) and Commodities Markets(CM)
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the team deliver four key services, Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Advisory and Risk consulting and Business Transformation. The team provide a ‘one-stop shop’ service across Commodity Trading finance and operations.
In your role as a senior you will have responsibility for:
- Being the Lead Executive on the audit engagements for a variety of commodity trading clients
- Managing and leading a team of up to six associates, including coaching and developing the talent
- Ensuring completion of audit procedures in a timely manner and to a high standard of quality
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of a range of projects focussing on financial audit
- Conducting technical accounting analysis for clients going through change
- Preparing reports and presentations on the impact of accounting regulation
- Working as part of a team responsible for delivering accurate, timely, value-add advice and audit
- Building relationships with clients across commodity based industries and seek out new business opportunities
- Conducting analyses on accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence teams, tax restructuring transactions;
- Working with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex accounting problems;
- Working with the financial reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
You will have knowledge and experience in the below :
- Proven ability to work on audits and complex accounting issues
- Proven project management skills
- Proven delivery of excellent client service
- Deep working knowledge of IFRS and appropriate CA/ACCA qualification
- Technical knowledge and significant experience delivering audit within the banking and capital markets, metals and mining, oil and gas or energy sectors
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.