INTERN | GLOBAL INDUSTRY TEAM
Established in 2008, Uzabase aims to create an infrastructure for business intelligence that services every business person worldwide. Combining technological innovation with human ingenuity to organise and analyse business information from around the globe, Uzabase aims to reshape the world with a service that improves productivity and unleashes creativity.
Uzabase Group has offices in Japan, China, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and New York and has been listed on the Mothers of the Tokyo Stock Exchange since 2016.
SPEEDA is a cutting-edge platform that provides solutions to problems faced by business people in collecting information and analysing data covering global industry reports, financial reports, market data, trends, news, statistics, and M&A information.
- Maintain and improve industry reports on diverse geographies across Asia, the USA and the World, across a diverse range of industries
- Support consultants located in Sri Lanka to conduct research projects, where applicable
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree holder or final year undergraduate in Finance, Economics or Business administration is preferred (Upper 2nd or better from a top 3 local or top 100 international university; 1st Class Honours preferred)
- Passed Finalists or candidates working towards CIMA, ACCA or ACA (completing all subjects in first sitting) or candidates working towards the CFA charter.
- Strong interest in Finance/Economics • Ability to write clearly and succinctly and passion for creating high quality written reports
- Comfortable working in a flexible and diverse environment
- Familiarity working with secondary research tools and databases
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills who works with a sense of urgency (flex-time)
- Cooperative and considerate teammate with the ability to communicate openly and maturely by giving and receiving honest feedback
- Independent thinker with the desire and ability to form their own opinions rather than indulging in group-think
- Fluency in English – strong written and verbal skills
- Pegged with industry standards, pay will be commensurate with education and experience