All round Assistant Accountant role to support a busy and fast paced Retail business.
Large successful and International Retail Business with offices in Erdington, Birmingham.
Working as the Assistant Accountant, key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Accounting for Property costs across various EU entities - preparation of accruals, prepayments and other journals
- Preparation and reporting of turnover certificates to landlords monthly / yearly
- Analysis of Property Costs and variances to Budget
- The production of monthly management accounts for a EU Entity with the support of your Line Manager
- The review of balance sheet account analyses on a monthly basis
- Aid where necessary in statutory accounts production / information gathering
- Production of monthly management information to aid management review and planning
- Aid Completion of certain taxation matters, corporate and VAT (including intrastat)
- Responsibility for Fixed Assets for relevant Claire's entities
- Ensure all SOX requirements through the business are complied with
- Assist in specific Project work
- Production of ad hoc information and analysis when required
The successful Assistant Accountant will have experience of the following:
- An understanding / Some experience in preparation of month end accounts for a multi-sited / departmental organisation
- Have practical experience of accounting (actually putting together the entries in a set of accounts)
Excellent opportunity, growing Organisation.