IB Internal Auditor (#164839)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
At Credit Suisse, we’re proud that Internal Audit is seen a key strategic partner to the business. Our risk-based methodology is reflected in truly dynamic audit plans that ensure that the function stays completely relevant and that we have the ability to flex to meet the evolving strategy of this key growth business. Our Auditors have the opportunity to build and maintain direct and positive relationships with the Bank’s leadership and are actively sought out for the significant advice and insights. Reflecting the Bank’s ambitious spirit, our Internal Audit function is also innovating; we’re investing in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are outstanding.
Financial Auditors are responsible for planning, performing and reporting the results of product-line and functional audits using the Audit Department’s risk based audit approach. Work is performed under the direction of Financial Audit Managers, with close collaboration with other audit team members, including IT audit, as part of a coordinated audit approach.
The role involves:
- Executing audit work across various businesses and functions front to back. This encompasses an in-depth understanding of each business and/or function being audited, identification and assessment of risks, execution of a planned audit approach (regional, global, thematic, and functional) in a team-based environment, interacting closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the Bank.
- Developing, communicating and finalizing audit reports. This process entails initial drafting of the report, discussion with management to ensure factual accuracy, clearance, and coordination to acquire written responses to Audit’s recommendations.
- Hardworking engagement in the creation of a dynamic risk assessment tool which uses data to provide a current (and predicted) view of control efficiency across the organization.
- Using the Internal Audit team’s hybrid practice model structure which cultivates skillset specialization without silos.
- Improving audit skillset using Credit Suisse’s Audit Academy training, which allows for knowledge to be deployed efficiently across the audit universe.
- Mentoring new hires to aid in their acclimation to the Bank and the manner in which the Department operates.
- Supervising and/or supporting less experienced Auditors on multiple auditor assignments.
- Crafting and managing relationships with Bank Staff and Management to facilitate dedicated assessments of the Bank’s risk profile through Continuous Risk Monitoring and career development.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or related areas MBA or equivalent a plus
- Equivalent experience of 2-3 years of audit experience; financial services experience preferred
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to meet audit timelines.
- Analytical skills and professional skepticism.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or internationally recognized Chartered Accountant (CA) designations (U.S. specific certification accompanying U.S. specific work experience) preferred.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.