Treasury - Manager
Job Description – Manager
Responsible for preparing/reviewing Fund Administration related tasks (Treasury Services) - Expense Administration involving budgets and invoice preparation, Distributions, Performance and Regulatory/Board Reporting.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors. Our array of offerings includes exchange traded funds (ETFs) and investment solutions and support for Defined Contribution plan sponsors and participants. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Manager you will:
- Responsible for reviewing staff level work, preparing work when needed, demonstrate technical expertise, and ensure that all deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed upon time.
- Plan and manage day-to-day deliverables and ensure completion. Effectively coordinate activities between multiple departments within State Street globally.
- Participates in the research and resolution of operational issues and provide clients receive timely responses to inquiries as stated in the Sunset Service Policy
- Understand risk at the operational level and comply with the risk escalation chain including timely notification of issues. Escalate all delays and issues regarding assigned deliverables timely to AM, officer and/or AVP.
- Ensure effective use of automation by fully utilizing internal Applications, and standard macros; make recommendations for technology and process improvements.
- Ensures all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as makes recommendations for improvement.
- Support implementation of expanded global footprint model, including migration of work to JVs, and continued growth and development of Treasury Services Hyderabad and Bangalore; support other expansions of operational model. Provide production oversight to JV processes.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and development opportunities to staff, including coordination of training sessions when needed, and prioritize focus on all aspects of employee engagement events. Attend all relevant training classes; proactively seek out additional trainings to further career development.
- Implement all standard practices, processes, tools, and technology enhancements. Participate in the research and resolution of issues.
- Comply with internal, client specific and Standard Operating Procedures.
- To become an essential partner with our clients – trusted, strategic and proactive. Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed.
- Staff/resources planning, allocation and assignments. Provide feedback on decisions to hire, discipline, determine promotions, and terminate employment.
- Perform other duties as required by officer, AVP or Unit Head
- Achieve productivity targets. Reduce loss associated with operational error
- Timeliness and accuracy of all assigned deliverables for preparation and/or review
- Adherence to best practices, SOPs, client specific procedures, and SLAs
- Monitor resolution quality
- Participate in process improvement efforts
- Comply with State Street risk program and timely completion of related training for self and team
- Adhere to State Street policies , guidelines and relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Client satisfaction and service delivery.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Client focus: – Act as a focal point of contact to maintain strong client relationship; actively participate in client meetings, and ensure team responds to client inquiries.
- Leadership Focus – Leverage experience and technical expertise to support peers globally by providing guidance and training, and fully support and participate in all aspects of employee engagement.
- Operational Efficiency Focus: Actively participate in an efficient and effective global operating model, collaborating with peers globally, and using standard technology, best practices, and optimal functions.
- Performance Focus: Provide excellent service to clients through a results-oriented mindset
- Quality & Risk Focus: Understand and minimize risk through adhering to standard and client specific operating procedures and through broad participation in the global training program. Focus on qualitative work, attention to detail with a thorough understanding of business impact and ways to minimize risk
Mandatory Skill Sets:
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Ability to work on MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT)
Additional Skill Sets:
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage high volumes.
- Committed to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve queries and escalate accordingly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.