Senior Fund Accounting Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
A Senior Fund Accounting Manager who will hold a key position within State Street Bank, taking responsibility for leading projects and managing Fund Accounting teams. As a Senior FA Manager you will have direct responsibility for the fund groups servicing the clients that are each headed by FA Managers. This position therefore requires an attention to both, staff management and client service.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Fund Accounting Manager, you will
- Serve as a source of technical information to answer and assist with internal client questions regarding product types & structures, basic regulatory issues and operational Issues.
- Participate on committees to design/respond to operation changes.
- Drive procedures/systems changes as per requirements.
- Participate in departmental MIS meetings (Admin services, support services etc.) and new business presentations.
- Actively work towards increasing efficiency/productivity year on year for each client.
- Actively drive efficiency improvements in the group.
- Manage extra client/donor site requests and ensures the Operating Model remains appropriate.
- Maintain target staffing levels and allocates resources; strive to meet productivity goals.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring new staff. Evaluates existing staff, ensures that teams are well balanced in terms of experience and expertise.
- Perform annual reviews of staff and develops them. Recommend promotions, terminations, counseling, and transfers.
- Maintains emergency procedures for staff shortages.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions as well as ability to escalate a problem and keep management informed.
- Excellent communicational, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A University Degree in banking/finance or related field. A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- Experience in managing large teams.
- Specialist experience in the area of Fund Accounting would be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Home office possibilities
- Employee savings plan
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- International operating environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.