Chief Accountant – Główny Księgowy
Are you energized by a highly visible senior finance role that allows you to build partnerships with the business, help influence senior stakeholders and shape the strategic business plan? If so, the Finance Manager role could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to enhance your career with responsibilities such as:
- Supervise accounting team (5/6 direct reports) & empowering individuals and teams to achieve targets.
- Preparation of complete and accurate financial statements in accordance with local accounting & fiscal requirements (Polish Accounting Standards) as well as Group Accounting Policy.
- Overseeing preparation of VAT, CIT and fiscal returns & supports the preparation of all required financial declarations/reports as requested by public and finance institutions.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports for submission to HQ in France.
- Overseeing the work of R2R team in terms of accounting and reporting in order to ensure proper bookkeeping.
- Overseeing the work of the AP team to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and controls (e.g. Ensure to pay suppliers within agreed payment terms, monthly review of aged creditors to ensure debit balances and unallocated open items are promptly followed up and cleared, etc).
- Providing professional advice and instructions to different departments in terms of accounting treatment for specific transactions and activities
- Cooperating with companies and external institutions in regards to audits (e.g. auditing and consulting firms) and inspections.
- Participating in various IT and other projects focused on digitalization of accounting processes. Responsible for the management of the efficiency of accounting team and implementation of various solutions, focused on the process improvement
- Implementation of finance policies & operating procedures.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master’s Degree and professional finance qualification (e.g., Biegły Rewident)
- Exposure and experience working in a finance function, including providing financial partnership to senior stakeholders (Board Members)
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles (IFRS), financial accounting and control.
- Demonstrated financial knowledge and experience including analysis, evaluation, forecasting, strategic planning and decision making
- Direct experience with financial software and systems
- English and Polish proficiency
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA, preferably in Management, Finance or Accounting.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience managing or working with a global team and global stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compare complex data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to determine and communicate the legal, financial and ethical interpretation of industry regulated principles
What we offer:
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Fringe Benefits
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.