M,AD,A - Indirect Tax (Customs and Trade)
KPMG Indirect Tax Practice offers a broad range of professional services which includes all Indirect Tax matters, covering Sales Tax, Service Tax, Customs duties and Goods and Services Tax (GST). We also cover the Price Control and Anti Profiteering legislation. Our clients are from a wide range of industries such as the manufacturing, utilities, hotels and infrastructure industries. Our ITP professionals are well trained to render value added advice to our clients.
- Manage projects delivery, clients and development of a team of dedicated customs and trade specialists
- To support team’s business development activities
- Identify and convert new opportunities in areas of planning as well as compliance management and improvement
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant government authorities, business associations and networks
- To advise and provide solutions on a broad range of projects including Free Trade Agreements, customs valuation, classification, customs compliance and opportunity reviews, special duty savings programs, etc.
- Minimum 3 years or more practical customs and trade experience, preferably in a consulting firm, legal firm or a full time customs and trade role in relevant industry
- Capable of working independently whilst being part of a team and produce results in a fast changing environment
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Proactive, focused and with good relationship building skills
- Possesses practical experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Customs valuation, product classification, Free Trade Agreements and Rules of Origin, Customs compliance and risk assessment, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements and other international trade developments
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.