Head of Audit, Digibank
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia's leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
You will be a trusted risk and strategic business advisor to the CEO and wider group, working in partnership with the executive leadership team to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, business and digital acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound risk governance and regulatory guidance.
Working closely with the help and support of the EXCO / Board, you will formulate strategies for our path ahead and work closely with key business units that will help the business stay focused and on track towards our goals:
- Internal Audit is an independent function within Digital Bank that provides an objective assurance and advisory role to the Digital Bank’s senior management.
- We use a systematic, disciplined risk-based approach to evaluate and assess Digital Bank’s risks, processes and internal controls.
- Reflecting Digital Bank’s entrepreneurial spirit, Internal Audit covers multiple businesses and technology areas.
Get to know the Role:
- As the Head of Audit, you are primarily responsible to effectively manage all audits and risk advisory activities that cover the associated risks arising from the activities of the Digital Bank.
- You work collaboratively with the Grab Internal Audit team to cover the audit activities in the Digital Bank.
- We seek a candidate who brings excellent audit and risk advisory experience to lead this role, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You effectively plan, manage and execute audits, including the design of audit work steps to evaluate the risks associated with governance, financial, operational, regulatory, and business continuity.
- To drive the audit framework as well as continuous review and improvements.
- Supported with resources from Grab Internal Audit, lead the audits in the Digital Bank, focusing on all risks arising from the activities of the Bank.
- Plan and perform risk-based assessments, understand and evaluate the business environment, related controls and processes.
- Review draft/ final report and participate in the presentation of audit findings.
- Develop and maintain business relations with senior levels of management, and be the trusted risk advisor on control related matters.
- Engage senior executives in the development and execution of strategic initiatives
The must haves:
- A recognised Accounting/ Finance degree, and CA or CPA is highly desirable
- Min 15 years of audit and risk advisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent, with professional certification (e.g., CPA, CA, CIA) as an added advantage.
- Located in Singapore, and ability to travel for work when required.
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Existing network of private and public sector contacts.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.