Senior Specialist in Financial Transactions
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Specialist in Finance!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Specialist with knowledge in finance to join our Transfer Agency team.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Process all trades on relevant dealing day
- Process dividends as declared by the funds and update Fund Accountant on trading activity
- Validate and approve Transfer Agency transactions
- Review and discuss with the Supervisor / Manager any issues requiring escalation
- Update Fund Accounting and client on trading activity in line with procedures or Service Level Agreements
- Issue shareholder correspondence, including statements at month end and as requested by shareholder
- Work closely with Supervisors on audit and other requirements
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced
- Update procedures as needed with continuous improvement
- Respond to and resolve client and shareholder queries
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives (attend to presentations from Supervisor/Manager, work sessions & personal effort-training)
- Establish contacts with all areas and all levels at inter departmental
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in finance; experience in Fund Accounting or Transfer Agency nice to have
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Ability to multitask and to manage competing priorities given broad portfolio of clients
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to adapt to change and problem solving
- This will require people management, initiative, and the ability to gain commitment among team members
- Good knowledge of standard Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge or prior experience of Multifonds is an advantage
- A second language is a plus, preferred is German and / or French
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.