Manager, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to a Divisional Manager or Head of Financial Reporting Ireland Operations – Limerick
Responsible for managing a financial reporting team, including conducting the performance management process. Establish goals/objectives for team and monitor to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
The key responsibilities of the role include;
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team.
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the department.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews for all direct reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous Accounting/Financial Reporting experience in the Financial Services/Audit industry.
- Full or Part qualified accountant, with interest to complete exams.
- Experience of managing teams, including; designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Detailed knowledge of both onshore and offshore funds administration. In particular Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS experience.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.