Reporting Specialist, Trading Partner Finance
The activities of the Trading Partner entities principally cover the procurement, supply, import and export of bulk drug substance and finished materials product for intercompany and 3rd party cross border transactions in GSK.
95% of GSK’s trade passes through our teams and we are responsible for operating in compliance with global trade, legal & fiscal requirements.
GSK operates in a highly dynamic environment and our activities are fundamental to the implementation of strategic business change.
On a daily basis we are required to react rapidly to emerging issues that requires agile and prompt resolution to keep the supply chain moving.
At the heart of the global supply chain within GSK we work closely with a wide number of departments supporting the delivery of medicine to our patients at the right place, on time and meeting a high quality standard.
The TPF Close & Control (C&C) team is responsible for delivering the financial reporting, compliance and control services for the 6 trading partners. Covering a wide scope of supply chain activity, mainly focused on intercompany transactions with some direct 3rd party sales, these entities have a combined turnover of ca. £17bn pa and inventory of &>£1bn. We engage with a wide range of finance and non-finance stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions to achieve our objectives right first time and to a high quality.
As part of a newly created team, each member will take accountability for getting the fundamentals right to deliver accurate group and statutory financial reporting, supporting our stakeholders in good decision making by using end to end process knowledge and being committed in everything we do to make things easier.
- First of all you will play a key role in supporting receiving side of the migration process from London to Poznan
- Provide set of financial activities related to P&L and Balance Sheet during the monthly cycle to ensure accurate and timely postings of financial transactions, in order to deliver a timely period end close. Activities include (but are not limited to) research & analysis of entries, preparation & review of journals, etc.
- Review the Balance Sheet Reconciliations prepared by the BPO partner, drive quality and resolution of open items, assess BS healthiness and surface risks to be addressed.
- Work closely with BPO partner to ensure activities carried out are correct and assist in resolving queries and or issues; manage period end close
- Review the documentation for certain month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with SOX requirements. Support control remediation where required.
- Produce routine analyses, schedules and summaries for internal & external customers.
- Prepare audit deliverables as required
- Engage with key finance and non-finance stakeholders as required and manage these relationships
- Working closely with teams across the TPF organization and wider Finance function
- Contribute to automation, standardization and improvements and drive these activities with BPO partner
- Accounting degree / qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of similar role for at least 2 years
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience of training / working in an Audit/Accounting Firm preferred
- SAP or major ERP experience required
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Fluent English
- Calm under pressure and able to manage competing demands
- Credible and comfortable working with senior management
- Able to see the big picture and think beyond immediate area of responsibility
What we offer:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Contributing to creation of development strategy for the set financial department
- Leading key projects regarding to set financial area
- Competitive salary, annual bonus plan
- Healthcare benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.