Accounting Manager (e-commerce firm)
Accounting Manager – Small e-commerce firm
We are a small team of 10 staff e-commerce firm selling fashion merchandise with revenue doubled in the last couple of years. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Lead to join our team in our Burlingame office as the Accounting Manager, reporting to the offshore founder. You will be leading the accounting activities and collaborating the operational processes with the stakeholders to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive. The desired candidate will be working both independently and with other business units. This is a replacement position and transition is expected to be a full month to assure a seamless handover.
- Manage accounting processes and financial accounts, AR, AP, payrolls, budget, and inventory control. Reconcile certain merchants' accounts and direct resources to achieve efficiency.
- Oversee the operations of the facility security. Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the business office to ensure smooth progress.
- Review or represent the company as a strong negotiator in business insurance, office lease, payment gateway, shipping solutions. Build a strong relationship with the business partners.
- Monitor and analyze financial accounting data. Create financial reports based on data analysis if needed.
- Lead or assist with the decision-making for certain operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Oversee the statutory filing requirements, including but not limited to sales tax, Delaware franchise tax report, annual business survey, 1099 reporting, import/export compliance.
- Supervise and manage the junior accounting staff members, one in the U.S. and one overseas.
- Highly involved in the inventory and shipping team to optimize fulfillment cycle.
- Evaluate the efficiency of business procedures for continuous improvements from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related Business discipline.
- 5 years or above in Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager role.
- Strong problem-solver. Strong communication and people management skills.
- A great team-player, willing to use messenger tools (e.g. WhatsApp, Slack) to communicate if needed during off-office hours.
- Well-organized, ability to work under ambiguity.
- Experience with QBO.
- Superior data management and analysis skills.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced Excel skills.
- Superior attention to detail and reconciliation skills. Super excel-user.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge in e-commerce is a plus. (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Inventory accounting management experience is highly desired.
Benefit: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Unlimited Paid time off, Vision insurance. Full stock of snacks and a beautiful office overlooking the bay!
Interested parties please send your cover letter and resume with your salary requirements. Applications will not be considered without salary expectations.
Apply for Accounting Manager (e-commerce firm)
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly