Sales Tax Accountant
Under the supervision of the Tax Manager, the Sales Tax Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of sales and property tax filings, as well as other non–income tax filings as assigned. Conducts and documents sales tax audit support.
- Prepares and files Sales & Use returns on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. (Vertex software tool)
- Prepares and files property tax returns.
- Renews business licenses, tax permits, and other occupational permits with cities and other taxing authorities. This includes Tribal and Casino Vendor licenses.
- Troubleshoots notices and responds to inquiries for all of the above tax–related payments and filings.
- Assists with various other Tax Department activities and projects including Sales/Use and Property Tax audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- 3–5 years of Tax experience.
- Public company experience is preferred.
- Experience with Vertex and PTMS Tax software is preferred.
Personal and Professional Skill Sets
- Highly organized and willing to engage with internal departments and external auditors to comply with filing and reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office internet, web–based and job specific software applications.
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Meets deadlines, follows through on commitments and delivers on promises.