Manager Payroll and Accounts Payable
Our client has an immediate opening for a Manager Payroll and Accounts Payable to join their team. This role will report directly to the Corp Controller and be responsible for leading the entire Payroll and Accounts Payable function for the company. Their office is in the Loop, but working remotely right now.
- Optimize the performance of the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions for all properties in addition to onboarding of new properties in the future.
- Oversee department activities such as ACH and check disbursements, vendor invoice processing, and expense vouchers to ensure that they are complete, accurate and processed timely.
- Manage and maintain customer vendor relationships, terms of payments within company's cash flow guidelines
- Direct all day–to–day payroll processing and reporting in accordance with all federal, state and local tax laws and corporate policies and procedures
- Support cash management initiatives and controls by partnering with Operations, Finance and Treasury business functions
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable and payroll functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Produce and analyze meaningful weekly/monthly KPIs, dashboards and analytics to measure and improve performance including implementing action plans
- Act as Shared Service Center point of contact for properties for escalations and urgent matters related to accounts payable and payroll in addition to partnering with Operations, Accounting and HR
- Contribute to the compliance with Sarbanes–Oxley, including the documentation of controls and processes, implementing controls and testing of controls around vendor maintenance and other accounts payable and payroll functions that enhances fraud detection controls
- Develop and retain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; manage team performance through coaching, counseling, planning/monitoring, and appraising job results
- Drive team engagement through strong leadership principles and practices (performance management, team and interpersonal communication, etc)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements in addition to managing and researching sales and use tax compliance, 1099 reporting, W2 reporting and other tax reporting
- 5+ years' of relevant Accounts Payable and Payroll leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- CPA strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 10–20%
- Experience in Shared–Services model preferred
- Experience with procure to pay software solutions (e.g., Coupa, Birchstreet, etc.) highly desirable, also including experience with UltiPro (UKG)