Growing beverage manufacturer located in West Los Angeles area seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. The ideal candidate will have prior public accounting experience, to include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and preparing month–end close procedures. The candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts, in addition to collaborating with others on the financial team. This is a very hands–on role to include support and ownership of processing various accounting transactions including AP and AR.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger and chart of accounts
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verify, allocate, process, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Maintain new customers and vendors accounts
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary documents to perform annual audit.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending including documentation of best practices within business and accounting operations which support the internal control environment
- Provide technical support and advice for Management team
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts, cash flow projections, weekly dashboard according to schedule
- Tracking customer equipment contracts to include asset tracking and reconciliation
- Manage customer discount and rebates programs including liability accrual, tracking and validation
- Monitor and reconcile inventory movements end to end and ensure all transactions are properly recorded and inventory by location reconciled with the perpetual inventory in Sage
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Support month–end and year–end close process and document a formal close checklist
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Controller to improve financial procedures
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Controller and CEO
- Proven experience as an accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Proven hands–on experience on performing all processing functions in accounting
- In–depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands on experience with Sage 50 or similar fully integrated ERP products including Quick books
- Experience with consolidation of financial statements for several business entities
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month–end/year–end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Comfortable working in a small team environment and willing to pitch in where ever help is needed
- Experience with SEC reporting and related requirements a plus
- Experienced with CPG or beverage wholesaling and distribution businesses a plus
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.