We're looking for an experienced staff accountant who can hit the ground running with a fast–paced and growing company.
Ideally this candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting with 1–2 years of experience, preferably in the hospitality industry. Familiarity with Compeat Advantage is highly valued.
- Take ownership of PlateIQ, our automated accounts–payable processing system.
- Review and record daily sales activity for our restaurants.
- Record adjusting journal entries for various accounts during the month–end close.
- Reconcile bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the monthly financial statements, including actual vs. budget analysis.
- Learn our inventory/cost of goods sold procedures and assist restaurants with inventory oversight.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month–end close process.
- Familiarity with the accounts payable process.
- Experience with inventory.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Familiarity with accounting software–experience with Compeat Advantage is highly valued.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot, cold and/or physically demanding. Position requires frequent travel that consists of driving; limited travel that consist of driving and/or airplane flights for a period of one or more days therein requiring one or more overnight stays. Notice of travel may be given with very short notice. Position requires occasional training that may take place on or off– site, by phone and/or online.
At–Will Statement & Job Description Disclaimer:
This position is at–will. Training Managers have the right to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. Likewise, Eureka! has the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. This at–will employment relationship will remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any changes that may occur in position, title, pay or other terms or conditions of employment with Eureka! This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Nonessential functions of the job may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Eureka! Restaurant Group, an equal opportunity employer | All rights reserved