The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to client billing and accounts receivable functions. This person will be a self–starter and an advanced Excel user.
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data, scheduling required jobs, and verifying data.
- Maintain, update and reconcile Ledgers: Receipts, Cash, Foreign and Domestic Deposit.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Participate and understand revenue functions; Billing, Accounts Receivable and related reporting.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for Corporate Client reporting by reviewing financial information; converting data to the Perfect Law billing system requirements and obtaining supplementary information for reporting.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization missions by completing related results as needed.
- Accounting Degree or related
- 2–4+ years of experience
- Legal of professional services experience a plus (exposure to time reporting billing)
- Perfect Law or similar GL system experience
- Advanced Excel user