Finance Director - Scale Up
FD position to lead the finance and accounting function of a growing international software business. The role includes overseeing external and internal reporting, budgeting and controls, recruiting an accounting team and implementing an ERP such as Net-Suite.
Established over 10 years ago now, this fast-growing scale up specialises in virtual reality and AI. They have an impressive board of directors including a Chairman who also chairs an international travel company. They have so far relied on seed investors, family and friends, but now seek an institutional investor. They are heading through Series A fund raising imminently.
They require someone with scale-up or start-up experience, someone who is a 'builder' of things, and a none-negotiable is finding someone with proven ERP implementation experience, ideally NetSuite. It is also beneficial that you understand online sales or subscription models...
- Implement effective reporting systems and data presentation ensuring a good level of automation business-wide.
- Plan and execute upgrade of accounting systems to cater for planned growth.
- Build (as required) and manage financial budget and forecast models.
- Design and maintain short and medium-term cash forecasts to predetermine budgeting decisions.
- Develop and implement organisation-wide KPIs specific to each team (in consultation with team leaders).
- Design and implement reports for management, shareholders or other third parties.
- Report and feedback to CEO/Board of Directors of the financial performance of the business.
- Internal and external presentation of financial information as required.
- Actively participate in Board meetings to present and lead major financial projects.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and external audit process, including subsidiaries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with bank funders as required; lead role in any debt financing processes.
- Recruit, develop and manage future talent in the finance team.
● Professional certification e.g. CPA or CFA, ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
● Prior experience as a CFO, Director of Finance, Head of Finance or a related role of at least 5 years
● Experience of working with financial, statistical and data analytics software
● Deal related experience is beneficial (fund raising, M+A)
● An excellent understanding of accounting and financial control, financial planning & analysis, regulatory reporting and tax functions
● Strong technical skills to understand and design the financial system infrastructure.
● Previous finance related experience in software-development firm and/or at a fast growing/VC-Backed start-up is highly desired but not essential.
Sound foundations in bookkeeping, bank reconciliation, and cash flow management will also be expected...
- Salary of between £90-110k
- Share options which vest over three years
- 5% matched pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Health care insurance
- Virtual set up with London office (Victoria way) expect 1 day a week in office approx..