Assistant Accountant / Chichester / Finance / Accountancy
A leading organisation based in the Chichester area are seeking an Assistant Accountant on a fixed term contract basis for 12 months.
As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Post customer payments from UK & EURO bank accounts
- Run Invoices, statements and chase escalation letters to tight deadlines
- Liaise with Sales teams and Management team on country / customer debt
- Create new accounts and action on stop routines
- Build outstanding relationships with internal and external customers
- Initiate and drive collections on overdue accounts through telephone and email dialogue with customers
- Post and reconcile bank payments and sales ledger invoices
- Perform Day to Day tasks including - Accounts Receivable, Customer Billings, Accounts Payable, Month-End Close, General Ledger Maintenance, Monthly Journal Entries, Financial Statement preparation.
- Key player in the development and maintenance of ERP and B2B System
- Responsibility for producing accurate and timely monthly financial statements, analyses and reports
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting process including sales ledger analysis and reconciliation
- Assist with special projects as assigned with emphasis on system development
- Part - Qualified Accountant or qualified AAT
- Successful knowledge of working in a commercial accounts receivable role
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong EXCEL and analytical skills to utilise software technology such as MS Office, ERP Systems, cloud-based technology and understand system integration
- Knowledge of Revenue Recognition, Foreign Currency and other financial reporting requirements
£25-26,000 + excellent benefits