An opportunity has arisen with an established Peterborough business operating within the Consultancy sector. An ambitious business who are looking for a like-minded Finance Assistant to join the finance function who will receive exposure across the business and support the Finance Manager.
An established Consultancy who provide a family feel working environment in their Peterborough office. The successful applicant for the Finance Assistant position will be stepping into a warm business with the opportunity to grow and develop their career.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the transactional finance function
- The accurate processing of month end reconciliations
- Ownership of the purchase and sales ledger
- Ensuring the expenses and reports are kept accurate and up to date
- Supporting with the monthly reporting process
- Liaising with Project leads to provide integral finance support
- Manage the Daily cash flow and monetary movement monitoring process for all bank accounts
- Actively participate in the preparation for the annual external audit
- Process VAT returns
The successful candidate for the Finance Assistant will be:
- Ideally AAT Part-Qualified and actively studying
- Confident user of Excel and a wide systems understanding would be advantageous
- A confident self-starter, able to work in their own capacity and take responsibility for their workload
- Confident of working closely with project leads and other stakeholders
- Prior experience in a similar accounts position would be advantageous
The successful candidate for the Finance Assistant will be joining a Peterborough based Consultancy with opportunity to have an impact on the businesses success and grow their career.