An opportunity to join the growing Science and Research sector in a Payroll Specialist role to join an end to end process in a collaborative work environment. Located in Milton Keynes they are an easy commute to anyone located locally or in the surrounding area.
The client is a well established brand that is an industry leader within the Science and Research sector, requiring a Payroll Specialist to join their UK team. The objective of this position is to aid the team in providing an efficient process and service with effective issue resolution leading to an excellent customer service.
The key responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist role are:
- Act as subject matter expert for Payroll issues
- Complete payroll reconciliation and processing of various periodic reports, e.g. pension leavers, sales bonus processing and missing national insurance number
- Effective communication with external stakeholders
- Perform all payments as required to ensure compliance to regulations
- Research and resolve employee pay and time issue
- Working collaboratively with HR to ensure all starters, leavers and similar processes are executed correctly
- Supporting payroll transactions with appropriate levels of approvals
- Support Payroll Lead and wider HR Services team with special projects as directed.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as applicable.
- Provide support for critical HR initiatives as needed
The successful candidate for the Payroll Specialist will:
- Have previous experience of Payroll and HR in a similar role
- Be well versed on statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP)and other UK Legislation
- Be well organised and detail meticulous in nature
- Superb IT skills with proficiency in Excel and other softwares
- Experience of delivering on SLA's and working with third party providers
- Ability to communicate successfully with other responsible parties
- Deliver excellent customer service and communicate effectively across departments
- Have understanding of common HR and service centre technologies
An easily commutable location in Milton Keynes working for a name brand in a progressive customer focused team.