- Experience level
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the timely identification and recording all activities that impact the organisation financially; to ensure costs are controlled; to establish and control profitability levels; to identify and communicate appropriate financial information for management and decision-making; to prepare the financial documents and accounts for reporting purposes.
Our client designs and manufactures precision forged and machined components for leading customers around the globe. They operate from an integrated facility in the West Midlands utilising and pioneering the latest ideas and techniques in design and manufacturing.
- Day to day management of the operations and finance including controls, processes and reporting
- Review and enhance cash forecasting methods
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparing budgets, forecasts
- Assist in scenario analysis particularly re new investments and bid proposals
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place to ensure capturing R&D tax credits on an ongoing basis
- Review and update standard cost allocation
- Ensure smooth completion of statutory accounts and tax computations
- Input into development of financial reporting and IT systems.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
Key competences and skills
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and ability to apply to real business scenarios and communicate effectively.
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Proactive in all aspects of role
- Ability to manage team on day to day and basis, including coaching colleagues
- Qualified accountant- ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- High level of computer literacy including exposure to ERP systems. Experience of EFACS along with good excel skills would be an advantage.
Typical work experience to date
- Responsibility for managing people
- Worked within or had exposure to the manufacturing sector
- Involvement in business / operational focused projects, e.g. lean, cost reduction projects, forecasting, cashflow
- Understanding of the rigorous working in a Private Equity backed business.
Excellent package and benefits
Opportunity to genuinely progress within the finance team.