ACA First Time Mover Role- Senior Finance Analyst
This role is integral to the timely and efficient delivery of the quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements, with exposure to senior internal and external stakeholders. Key responsibilities involve the analysis of technical accounting matters to ensure compliance with relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) regulations, as well as group reporting validation responsibilities across the Group's multinational environment.
Well known brand based in the Midlands.
- Demonstrate compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) guidance applicable to internal and external reporting processes
- Use available technical accounting tools to review and interpret literature as appropriate for commercial and business matters
- Provide proactive technical accounting guidance for relevant issues and projects to support business needs
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and accurate external reporting documents ensuring compliance with IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Where relevant, support the implementation projects of new or revised accounting standards
- Perform analytical review and variance analysis for components to validate the quality and compliance of the group's legal entities with IFRS and group accounting policies
- Provide key point of contact for overseas components throughout reporting cycle
- Contribute to the further development of transparency and standardisation of reporting to optimise processes and improve quality
- Support the annual audit and quarterly interim reviews conducted by an external accounting firm to ensure timely and efficient fulfilment of all requests and timely resolution of matters
- Support relevant requests from parent company to enable efficient and timely resolution of outstanding matters
- Support and ensure compliance of key accounting processes with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Assistance in the preparation of Audit Committee presentations
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent technical accounting expertise, with practical knowledge and experience with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Professional accountancy qualification - ACCA / ACA / CA
- Recent experience working for a large accountancy firm
- Excellent analytical skills to validate, challenge, and corroborate financial reporting submissions and enable resolution of issues
- Strong MS Office suite proficiency (primarily Excel and Word)
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mind-set - able to pro-actively identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities
- An individual who is comfortable to take initiative to take ownership of assigned areas and projects (individually or as part of a team) with appropriate level of direction from seniors
- Capable of prioritising workload to focus on resolution of key issues in an agile and responsive manner
- Excellent communicator who can explain complex principles or concepts in an easy-to-understand manner to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- An individual who demonstrates curiosity to challenge what they are told and who shows a desire to learn, responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Involvement with, or assessment of, compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau) and familiarity with cloud technologies
- Experience working with large, cross-border, multinational teams.
Competitive package and benefits
Unrivalled career progression.