Assistant Management Accountant
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to move into a highly desirable PQ role with a wide degree of flexibility and duties.
You will be working with one of the best companies in the area, who have an excellent track record of training and developing staff internally.
The company is easily accessible to central Reading and has a brilliant reputation in the Thames Valley area. You will be working for a company who have an excellent track record of training and developing staff internally and providing varied and challenging career paths.
The key areas of responsibility for the Assistant Management Accountant will be:
· Taking ownership of various accounting and reporting processes which deliver financial reports that feed into the wider financial reporting packs
· Assisting in the preparation of the year-end financial accounts and related schedules for assigned companies additionally providing support to ensure a clean year-end audit
· Developing an understanding of the processes through which the claims reserves are reported, building strong working relationships with the Actuarial and FP&A teams
· Performing the claims reserves reconciliation processes quarterly, investigating any significant differences and posting journals to Axiom and Sage
· Providing professional and analytical support to a variety of internal stakeholders
· Proposing and implementing process improvements to significantly simplify processes whilst improving efficiency and controls
· Preparing and maintaining accounting and financial reporting process documentation
· Preparing monthly reconciliations for a number of balance sheet accounts ensuring that any outstanding items are investigated and cleared as appropriate
The ideal candidate for this Assistant Management Accountant role will be someone who is now looking to move on to the next step in their careers.
You must be able to show an ability to communicate with people at all different levels of the business, senior managers will regularly catch up and review work directly with you, so an ability to explain and discuss your work in detail is essential.
A proactive and inquisitive mindset is essential, you will take ownership for the entire reporting process for a subsidiary company in the group and be expected to challenge the numbers produced, alongside looking at processes and seeing what improvements can be made upon your suggestion.
The Assistant Management Accountant will come with a package that is hard for anyone to beat.
- Full study support, time, financing, tests, courses etc.
- Career path planning
- Mentoring and development
- Working in a peer group of a similar level
- Flexible hours
- Working from home
- Very competitive salary