Team Lead, Institutional Fund Accounting
Supervisory role in the performance of Fund Accounting related activities.
Values and reconciles complex funds including mutual, Alternative, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. Verifies complex transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts.
Core Skills & Competencies Required:
- Strong accounting / financial services/ capital markets work experience or equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence of strong operations knowledge including secondary review & controls, risks & mitigation
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence day to day team management, mentor/coach team members and sharing feedback
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence analytical ability, problem solving, and escalation of issues
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Office specifically Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence excellent written and verbal language skills, ability to independently address technical & non-technical issues, knowledge share / training sessions conducted , proactively troubleshoot and manage escalations, and work with global teams
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence, the above listed core skills and competencies in the current role over a period.
- Candidate to have a minimum 6 years of experience in related industry, currently working as a Technical Coordinator (24 months in the role) / Team Leader with at least 2 years in supervising teams.
Major Duties / Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SLAs
- Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
- Ensure all fees / expenses are paid on time
- Reconcile all queries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Manage any potentially difficult situations which may impact on the clients by developing a close working relationship with client / client facing contacts.
- To proactively and effectively establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements is met and allow the team build the relationship further.
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures.
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered.
- Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
- Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting.
- Act as effective team leader within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Deliver training /coaching effectively.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
- Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Data Management, Control etc.
- Consistently prioritize team goals above individual goals.
- Manage the team in order that all deadlines are met in an efficient manner.
- Understand risk in own team; help others to understand this and to recognize that risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- Respond flexibly to the needs of the current situation, amend own work program to deliver desired outputs.
- Perform tasks of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to all tasks are adhered to, including daily NAV Pack reviews, and ownership of the monthly control process and fund checklists.
- Support the implementation of business plans.
- Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner.
- Delegate appropriately
A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required Experience of Fund Accounting is required. Supervisory experience is desirable Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties. Analytical and problem solving skills are required. Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff. Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary. Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.