Legal Entity Accounting ( International Entities - Service Co),AVP #156247
Your field of responsibility
- Legal Entity Accounting & Review Team is responsible for the generation of entity level accounting, for undertaking detailed analysis and review of reporting and results as a key control and to provide basic information for performance management.
- The team is also responsible as Legal Entity controllers for representing to Partner Managers any production issues for the entity across all processes and for preparation of communication of results, issues, and control matters to senior management, Boards and Audit Committees.
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Main Responsibilities include
- Seek to ensure generation of legal entity accounting in compliance with applicable GAAPs and timely close of Books and Records.
- Perform detailed analysis of entity results and communicate the results thereto through business partners.
- Ensure appropriate controls exist and operate optimally within the accounting and reporting function
- Represent Legal Entities in various firm wide Forums and provide input on accounting matters.
- Update Stakeholders on Entity Results, Governance & Control Matters
Main duties/responsibilities of the role
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Accounting and Finance: Preparation/Finalisation of monthly financial records (GL,TB) including transaction processing, reconciliations as per Credit Suisse AG group accounting policies, supporting treasury and banking activities
- Statutory, Internal and tax audits: Coordinating with Auditors for Finalisation of Accounts, Tax Audit and Certification work
- Group Reporting: Month end reporting as per CS Group requirement – MIS packs, GL accounts balance reconciliations as per CS standards with adequate back up/supporting documents (GLASS sign off), Accountable for adherence to CS Accounting Policy
- Regulatory Compliance - Monthly reporting for STPI, RBI, GST etc.
- Direct Tax: Prepare tax calculations, advance tax, maintain tax records, coordinate with tax team and timely preparation of details required during the Tax assessments, Transfer pricing etc.
- Indirect Tax: Service tax returns, registers, assessments, refund certifications etc. co-ordination with accounts payable team for monthly/periodical information
- Adhoc: Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to various teams Responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from partners (internal and external)
- Willingness to work in accounting/finance function and understanding of global investment banking culture. Liaising with various global counterparts across the region
Your skills and experience
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Key skill requirements
- Business Knowledge
- Experience in exposure to STPI reporting process is preferable
- Previous exposure to financial reporting & Management Reporting is desirable.
- Knowledge of Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Companies Act
- Fair understanding of global investment banking culture
- Interpersonal ability along with being proactive, agile, self-starter, flexible, hardworking, quick adaptability/learning, time management.
- Strong relationship management skills, team-player and the ability to deal with issue/conflict resolutions
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Handling sensitive or controversial information in a thoughtful and considered manner.
- Process and Client Orientation
- Outstanding customer service orientation in a controlled infrastructure.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Required work experience/ background
- CPA or Chartered Accountant or professional with 6-7 years of relevant experience
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.