Consulting, Finance Function, Fixed Asset Valuations - Senior Consultant (KSA/Jordan)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.Job Description & Summary
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
We would like to hear from Senior Associates with experience of working in the enterprise asset management consulting space, with specific focus on the following areas:
- Fixed asset register creation and reconstruction including componentization and useful life assessment
- Plant and equipment appraisal and tangible asset valuation for various purposes including financial reporting, mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Fixed asset analytics including data collection, reconciliations and classifications
- Fixed asset capital expenditure optimisations, cost projections and operational Key Performance Indicators Business process reviews & technology / systems implementations, specifically focusing on the fixed asset function of the organisation
- Fixed asset policies and procedures including capitalisations, additions, transfers, tracking and disposals
- You will be required to participate as an individual contributor and team member with senior Finance Consulting practitioners and other professionals (e.g. auditors) on complex accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Applying valuation approaches and methods to develop valuation models, including: gathering cost and market information, data analysis, financial modelling and report writing.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in financial reporting standards and enterprise asset management and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within our global team (e.g. fixed asset tagging & verification experts) to bring our clients high value solutions
- Based on clients’ requirements the candidates will provide practical risk and control focused functional Oracle ERP expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or will quality assure and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- As a Senior Associate in the team, the role requires you to build relationships to create exceptional client and people experience, working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team and delegating tasks effectively and providing coaching and direction to more junior team members.
- Client-focused approach, with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships in demanding and diverse environments.
- Expertise and substantial experience of working in at least 2 industry sectors, among Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Oil-Gas and Utilities sector.
- Location: Currently based in Jordan/KSA
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Engineering Accounting & Financial Management to provide a bridge between a client’s technical and financial teams
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) or studying towards these qualification (s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: CPA, CFA, RICS, ASA or Taqeem.
- Years of Experience: 2 – 6 years of relevant experience in finance & accounting consulting, with a specific focus on enterprise asset management and/or asset valuation, within fixed asset intensive industries in compliance with the applicable accounting & financial reporting standards, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, with specific focus on IAS 16 “Property, Plant and Equipment”, IAS 36 “Impairment of Assets”, IFRS 13 “Fair Value Measurement”.
- Knowledge of enterprise asset management standards such as ISO 55000.
- Identify issues and utilise problem solving and analytical skills to propose solutions.
- A proven track record in working effectively in multi-national and multi-cultural teams in a variety of environments and countries.
- Exposure to previous enterprise asset management projects, preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in a consulting capacity.
- Strong passion for client service delivery and collaborative team work.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. The role offers some flexibility in working hours, depending on the specific projects and client delivery expectations.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft Office, with proven advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.