Technical Accounting Manager
The technical team is an independent team of experts within IQ-EQ providing technical and regulatory assistance / advice to global client services teams, sales and implementation teams, and global clients. The core part of technical team work is focused on 3 key areas:
- Technical Advisory (technical accounting and PE/RE industry / regulatory related queries, technical support to sales and implementation team for new clients etc)
- Technical Reviews (technical / quality reviews of financials, key accounting policies and other complex deliverables);
- Technical Updates (monitoring latest accounting, industry and regulatory updates. Issuing technical alerts for internal teams and clients. Delivering technical presentations and other specific training modules for accounting teams).
- To facilitate the delivery of the 3 key areas effectively to the stakeholders, a technical team member will be at the forefront of the private equity and real estate fund industry developments, including but not limited to financial reporting.
- Resolve technical accounting queries raised by the Client Services (CS) team and clients in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to sales and implementation team for prospective and/or new clients
- Perform reviews on the working papers, financial statements and other complex client deliverables (including quality reviews). To help shape and ensure product quality control of the CS output
- Whilst main focus is on IFRS and US GAAP, there are opportunities to develop experience in other GAAPs e.g. UK GAAP, Lux GAAP
- Monitor latest accounting/ legislative changes impacting our clients and draft technical updates for accounting / legislative changes accordingly for release internally to CS teams as well as externally to global clients.
- Develop and deliver (quarterly) Technical presentations to update CS teams on accounting and PE industry developments
- Maintain in-house library of technical journals, articles and documentation relating to accounting issues for CS team members to access
- Identify control weaknesses from reviews, discussions with internal audit, and recommend control procedures to reduce risk
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the group’s system and processes
- Supporting the IQ-EQ business by challenging and suggesting ways that the Company can improve and develop profitability
- Support development of new services and new business proposals through expert knowledge of internal procedures and industry practice
- Opportunities to work with senior management on operational and strategic projects
- Manage Technical Accountants who are based in Manila and work closely with Technical Team members in UK
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- CPA or ACCA qualified (3+ years post qualification experience)
- 3+ years’ financial services managerial audit experience working preferably with a big 4 audit firm / Financial services industry
- Strong Accounting Standard knowledge (especially IFRS//Singapore FRS/US GAAP). Consolidation experience and knowledge of other GAAPs will be useful but not mandatory
- Strong experience of review of Financial Statements including disclosures
- Private Equity and/or Real Estate Funds knowledge preferable but not mandatory
- Conducting Training or Technical presentation sessions experience will be preferable but not mandatory.
- Intermediate Excel skills
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.